Disney On Ice Presents Treasure Trove Skates Into Wichita This March
Wichita, KS – Aug. 26 – Audiences will enjoy a gem for every generation when Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove Presented by Stonyfield YoKids Organic Yogurt skates into Wichita Thursday, March 3 through Sunday, March 6. Disney On Ice sets the gold standard with a magical medley of Disney tales spanning the years from the first animated film, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, to the 50th film, Tangled. Treasure Trove is led by two female producers, sisters Nicole Feld and Juliette Feld, a first for the company. Tickets for performances at INTRUST Bank Arena go on sale Tuesday, September 1 at 10:00am.
Treasure Trove is an action-packed ice adventure that takes audiences on a journey through their favorite stories from Disney animated features. Brave a battle against Captain Hook and his pirate pals with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys, trek across the Pride Lands with Simba, Timon and Pumbaa, enter the whimsical world of Wonderland to witness a precision skating number by the Queen of Hearts’ Army of Cards in this extraordinary lineup from the Disney animated film vault.
“Watching Disney movies is a special pastime for many families. For Treasure Trove, we wanted to extend that experience by producing one remarkable show to commemorate the everlasting legacy of Disney animated films, live on the ice,” says Producer Juliette Feld.
Treasure Trove was created by a team of industry experts with the ability to capture the essence of Disney’s animated treasures:
- Patty Vincent (Director) – Directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney On Ice presents Frozen, Rockin’ Ever After and Dare to Dream; began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 31 years ago and has advanced in the company to become the Character Development Director for all touring Disney On Ice productions. In this role, she creates movement that best suits the performers, as well as the animation of the character they portray in each production. Additional credits include co-director of Playhouse Disney Live! and co-director of High School Musical Summer Celebration (stage show).
- Cindy Stuart (Choreographer) – Four-time Professional Skaters Association “Choreographer of the Year award” nominee and the 2014 Sonja Henie award nominee; collaborated with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects; choreographed for US Champion Gracie Gold, US Bronze Medalist Mirai Nagasu, World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao and Olympic Champions Jamie Salé and David Pelletier; choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents Frozen.
- James Youmans (Production Designer) – Created sets for Broadway, Off-Broadway, television, regional theater, touring productions, corporate and special events and theme parks; his Broadway credits include Gypsy and Swinging on a Star, and Off-Broadway, the Drama Desk Award-winning musical Hedwig and the Angry Inch. Youmans also earned Drama Desk Award nominations for Bella, Belle of Beyellorussia and The Petrified Prince.
- Dawna Oak (Costume Designer) – Worked six years at the Pasadena Playhouse in all capacities from wardrobe supervisor to designer; oversees all costuming for Feld Entertainment, Inc.; other credits include Nuclear Cowboyz® and the 128th, 129th and 130th editions of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®.
- Jesse Blevins (Lighting Designer) – Designed spectacular lighting scenery for a variety of performers including Gwen Stefani, Rihanna, New Kids on the Block and the Backstreet Boys; lighting designer for Nuclear Cowboyz.
Thursday, March 3 – 7:00pm
Friday, March 4 – 7:00pm
Saturday, March 5 – 11:00am, 3:00pm, 7:00pm
Sunday, March 6 – 1:00pm, 5:00pm
Tickets for Disney On Ice presents Treasure Trove start at just $20 while opening night tickets start at only $12. All seats are reserved and tickets are available online at selectaseat.com, by phone at (855) 755-SEAT or in person at the INTRUST Bank Arena box office & select Dillons locations.
Group discounts are available for this show. For more information, call (316) 440 – 9044.