Clear Bag Policy
The INTRUST Bank Arena clear bag policy will speed up the entry process into the venue, improve security and limit touch points. Clear bags allow staff to check for prohibited items without having to touch or open a bag. This will also prevent staff from having to touch personal items of guests.
The following outlines bags that are permitted:
- Bags that are clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and do not exceed 14" x 6" x 14"
- One-gallon clear plastic storage bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch or purse, with or without a handle or strap, that do not exceed 5.5" x 8.5" (approximately the size of a hand)
- An exception will be made for medically necessary bags or equipment after proper inspection and have been tagged by security. For questions about medical equipment or other needs please contact the Guest Services Department at 316-440-9029.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch bag
- Backpacks of any size
- Drawstring bags
- Fanny packs
- Luggage of any kind
- Computer bags/cases
- Camera bags/cases
- Diaper bags
- Duffle bags
- Binocular bags/cases or any bag larger than the permissible size
Fans will continue to be able to carry items allowed into the arena in a permissible clear bag, such as cameras. This policy pertains to bags and is not an all-inclusive list of items that are prohibited from being taken into the venue.
Q: WHY DID INTRUST BANK ARENA ADOPT THIS POLICY?
A: Fan experience and the safety of our guests is a top priority of INTRUST Bank Arena. Our goal is to speed up the entry process into the venue, improve security and limit touch points. Clear bags allow staff to check for prohibited items without having to touch or open a bag. This will allow the entry process to go faster and will prevent our staff from having to touch your items.
Q: HOW DOES THIS POLICY IMPROVE PUBLIC SAFETY?
A: The clear bag is easily and quickly searched and greatly reduces faulty bag searches. It also supports the Department of Homeland Security's "If You See Something, Say Something" campaign.
Q: HOW DOES THIS MAKE IT MORE CONVENIENT FOR GUESTS?
A: This will enable us to move guests through our security checkpoints faster, allowing staff to be more efficient and effective in checking bags that are brought into the venue. We also believe guests will realize an improved sense of safety.
Q: HOW MANY BAGS CAN EACH PERSON BRING INTO THE VENUE?
A: Each ticketed guest can carry one large clear bag – either a one-gallon plastic storage bag or the 14" x 6" x 14" clear bag – plus a small clutch or purse (5.5” x 8.5”). The small clutch allows privacy for small personal items and also is easily searched.
Q: WHAT ITEMS CAN I CARRY THROUGH SECURITY WITHOUT REMOVING?
A: Guests may carry in their pockets or jacket their makeup, feminine products, combs, wallet, credit cards, etc., if they choose not to put them in a clear bag or clutch.
Q: WHAT ITEMS MUST I REMOVE WHEN GOING THROUGH SECURITY?
A: Binoculars and cameras can be carried into the venue as long as they are not in their own case. These items must be removed when guests walk through a metal detector. In addition keys, cell phones and any loose change will need to be removed from pockets when going through metal detectors.
Q: WHAT HAPPENS IF I SHOW UP AT THE ENTRANCE WITH A BAG THAT IS NOT PERMITTED?
A: Guests carrying bags that do not meet the criteria will be asked to return them to their vehicles.
Q: IF I HAVE CERTAIN ITEMS THAT I NEED TO BRING INTO THE VENUE FOR MEDICAL REASONS AND THEY WON'T FIT IN THE CLEAR BAG, WHAT DO I DO?
A: Guests carrying medically necessary bags or equipment into a venue will be required to have their bag inspected and tagged by security. For questions about medical equipment or other needs please contact the Guest Experience Department at 316-440-9029.
Q: ARE ALL PURSES PROHIBITED?
A: No. Small clutch purses, no larger than 5.5" x 8.5", with or without a handle or strap, are permitted along with either the 14" x 6" x 14" clear tote bag or one-gallon plastic storage bag. This should enable guests to carry the same items they have in previous years and expedite entry into the venue.
Q: DO I HAVE TO PUT EVERYTHING I'M CARRYING INTO THE PERMISSIBLE BAGS?
A: No. We are limiting only the type of bags carried into the venue, not permissible items that are brought to a game. Therefore, guests can carry in their pockets or jacket keys, makeup, feminine products, comb, wallet, credit cards, etc., if they choose not to put them in a clear bag or clutch purse (5.5” x 8.5”).
Q: WHAT ABOUT DIAPER BAGS?
A: Diapers and other baby supplies can be carried in a clear bag. Each member of a family, including children, would be allowed to carry an approved clear bag and a clutch purse into the venue.
Listed below is a “partial list” of items that are prohibited at INTRUST Bank Arena events. This list is subject to change without notice. Please contact Security for specific policies/information.
All bags and guests will be subject to search.
- 35 mm or detachable lens cameras
- Camera lenses that extend 3” or more
- Audio or video recording devices
- Selfie sticks
- Flash/professional photography, tripods or monopods
- Weapons; including but not limited to pocket knives, guns, box cutters, knives, mace, pepper spray, brass knuckles, fireworks, stun guns, etc.
- Laser pointers
- Studded jewelry including necklaces, bracelets, rings and spurs
- Wallet chains
- Alcohol, drugs, and illegal substances
- Backpacks (this includes diaper bag backpacks)
- Bags larger than 14" x 6" x 14" will not be allowed. Each ticketed guest can carry one large clear bag – either a one-gallon plastic storage bag or the 14" by 6" by 14" clear bag – plus a small clutch purse (5.5” x 8.5”).
- Outside food and beverage, bottles, glass, cans or flasks
- Golf/large umbrellas
- Heelies, skateboards, rollerblades, helmets, chairs, beachballs
- Noise making devices, air horns, drums, whistles
- Signs/banners/posters may not be larger than 24” x 36” or attached to a pole or stick. Signs must be collapsible or able to be folded.
- Other items as determined by facility management
If an item is revealed during a search, patrons may dispose of the item or they may return the item to their vehicle. INTRUST Bank Arena does not safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type.
Code of Conduct
At INTRUST Bank Arena, we are committed to creating a safe, comfortable and enjoyable experience for everyone. Our staff is here to support an environment where each event will not be disrupted by the interference of guest actions to include obscene language or gestures, or any other disruptive behavior. Guests who violate this code of conduct will be required to leave INTRUST Bank Arena property immediately as our staff reserves the right to expel, without refund, any ticket holders who are acting inappropriately or exhibiting behavior that creates an uncomfortable environment.
INTRUST Bank Arena Code of Conduct is as follows:
- Guests will be treated in a professional and courteous manner by all venue personnel.
- Guests will not wear or bring signage with obscene or indecent messages.
- Guests will enjoy an event that is free of disruptive behavior, foul or abusive language or obscene gestures.
- Guests engaging in fighting, throwing objects or attempting to enter the stage/playing field will be immediately ejected from the venue and refunds will not be given on tickets.
- Guests will remain in their ticketed seat area and will not impede on other guests ticketed seat area or block aisles. Guests will show venue staff their tickets when requested
- Smoking is not allowed in the venue, which includes E-Cigs and Electronic Cigarettes. A smoking area is located on the north side of the facility near sections 118 and 218.
- Guests consuming alcoholic beverages should do so in a responsible manner. Intervention with intoxicated or underage guests will be handled in a prompt and safe manner.
- Guests will comply with venue staff regarding emergency response procedures and facility operations.
- During some sporting events, guests shall wait for a stoppage in play before moving about the Arena, to avoid blocking the view of seated guests. Guests shall adhere to the instructions and directions of Arena staff.
- Guests are encouraged to communicate discreetly and quickly with INTRUST Bank Arena personnel if assistance is needed in dealing with unruly guests, any issues, concerns or requests of a clean-up in their area.
INTRUST Bank Arena staff has been trained to intervene when necessary and to use their best discretion to ensure that guests who ignore the Code of Conduct do not interfere with other guests’ ability to enjoy an event. Guests who violate the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund for any other conduct that may be deemed by INTRUST Bank Arena staff to be inappropriate or behavior which may adversely affect the safety of persons or property and, to the extent their conduct constitutes a violation of law, may be subject to arrest. Thank you for your cooperation.