JOIN OUR TEAM
We are looking for a diverse group of talented and vibrant individuals committed to customer service to join our team!
INTRUST Bank Arena is managed by SMG, the world leader in privately managed public assembly facilities.
CURRENT SMG EMPLOYEES CAN CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE.
Director of Event Services
Leads the Event Services department, including internal 24-hour security, event manager, event coordinator, sheriff’s officers; and guest experience manager. Additionally, oversees the 3rd party subcontractors including t-shirt security, IATSE, show runners; and EMS while ensuring safety and security of facility on event days and non-event days.
Maintenance Tech 1
Under direction of the Engineering Manager, this position is responsible for preventive maintenance, and repairs to the buildings mechanical, electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems. Must have working knowledge of all building mechanical (air handlers, blower coil units), electrical (110/220, 277/480 volt), HVAC, boiler plant, Trane chiller plant, plumbing (automatic flush valves, automatic sink faucets), life safety, fire protection and suppression systems to ensure proper operations and be able to act upon any conditions out of the ordinary.
Position may work within a concession stand or concession portable. Requires flexibility in location, welcoming and positive attitude, ability to service customers with a friendly demeanor, food preparation, assist in preparing location and area for operation, responsible for accurate accounting of transactions; and inventory controls at assigned location.
Position requires an individual to have supervisory skills, customer service skills, positive attitude, knowledge of food preparation, oversee all areas in preparing location and area for day to day operation, responsible for accurate accounting and all transactions and assist with location inventory controls.
Marketing & Sales Internship (Unpaid) - Summer 2019
Position is open to COLLEGE STUDENTS ONLY (Juniors, Seniors and Graduate Students) who are seeking an internship for academic credit as part of their college/university curriculum.
Requirements & Qualifications:
• Applicant must carry a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
• Hours/schedule based on school’s credit hour requirements; Minimum of 10 hours per week preferred.
• Applicant must have a history of relevant coursework or experience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Publisher a plus
• Knowledge of all social media platforms
• Passion for live entertainment and sporting events
• Nights and/or weekends will be required on occasion
Description & Objectives:
• Learn to develop and implement integrated event marketing plans, including advertising, public relations, trade, social media, group sales and grassroots campaigns
• Conduct research for various marketing and group sales projects on a per-show basis
• Learn to research target markets and develop grassroots efforts, and assist in creating and distributing promotional materials (posters, flyers, register to win boxes)
• Assist the Marketing & Group Sales Coordinator with soliciting and managing group sales and group incentives with each group account
• Assist the Marketing & Group Sales Coordinator to build our group sales database and to find new, creative ways to reach out to them
• Assist the Sales Manager with researching sponsorship leads and cold calling
• Assist in updating and maintaining the department databases and spreadsheets
• Learn and assist with implementation of marketing campaigns on several social media platforms
• Assist the marketing staff at booths/tables at festivals, fairs, and other events with high traffic to publicize the arena and our events
• Take ownership of the Marketing Booth located on the concourse during arena events and assist with creating new ways to make the booth more interactive
• Learn to create marketing materials utilizing Photoshop and PowerPoint
• Assist with various public relations functions including brainstorming, planning and executing PR events
• Other projects and duties as assigned
How to Apply:
All prospective applicants must provide the following materials. Please email all materials to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 316-440-9044 if you have questions:
• Two educational references
• Current unofficial transcript from college or university
• Spring 2019 course schedule (if applicable) with a list of days and times available for internship hours.
Thank you for your interest in SMG/INTRUST Bank Arena!
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact (316) 440-9000.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Recruiter: Kim Hillard
INTRUST Bank Arena
500 E. Waterman
Wichita, KS 67202
All applications must be completed online.